BD Seminars/Dawson Academy: The Art and Science of Equilibration, Wirral, UK
2 ½ Day Lecture and Hands On
Equilibration is a simple but much misunderstood concept that is the cornerstone to truly minimally invasive dentistry. You will learn by lecture and hands on:
> The principles of equilibration
> How to perform a trial equilibration and why it is so important
> How to equilibrate a full coverage splint
> How to equilibrate provisional restorations to fulfil our occlusal goals
> How to equilibrate the natural dentition
> When equilibration is the best option and when it should not be used
- Design a stable, minimal stress occlusion (lines on the front, dots on the back).
- Recognize when to equilibrate your patient, and when other options should be considered.
- Identify how to schedule the equilibration appointment.
- Choose appropriate articulation paper to mark each type of occlusal interference.
- Assess when an occlusal splint should be considered prior to reshaping, repositioning or restoring.
- Evaluate how to efficiently equilibrate the natural dentition.
- Select, train and work with a dental assistant to efficiently adjust an occlusal splint and/or equilibrate the dentition.
- Verify when to use a full arch occlusal splint, and when to use an anterior deprogramming appliance.